Bachelor of Social Work, Major Code: 7760101, Standard Program
- 1. Overview of the program
1.1. Major: Social Work
1.2. Major code: 7760101
1.3. Admission method:
- Method 1: Admission based on the results of the high school learning process - Method code 200
- Method 2: Admission based on the results of the high school exam in 2023 – Method code 100
- Method 3: Direct admission, Priority for admission according to TDTU's regulations – Method code 303
- Method 4: Admission based on the results of the 2023 competency assessment test of the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City – Method code 402
1.4. Outstanding advantage:
- The program has exercises, practical and internship hours on social work with 660 hours of study at agencies, social organizations and businesses. Besides theoretical subjects, students can participate in thematic sharing sessions from reputable social work experts at home and abroad.
- Students can go on field trips and practice at many social work centers, social establishments, businesses in the field of socio-psychology; participating as collaborators, volunteers, social workers at Vietnamese and international organizations right from the first year of study.
- The training program is connected with the graduate programs of the Faculty.
1.5. Career opportunities:
- Graduates of social work will be able to work in Vietnamese and international social organizations; State management agencies in terms of society; Socio-political organizations such as Youth Union, Women's Union.
- Bachelor of Social Work can work as a social worker in the fields of schools, hospitals, counseling and initial counseling on psychology and community health. Graduating from social work is the foundation for students to continue their studies to teach and research at universities and academies, or to set up and run their own businesses at social enterprises, NGOs, foundations. social assistance…
- 2. Expected learning outcomes of the program
The program’s output standard (POS) is the starting point of the program design and is constructed according to a rigorous, scientific process, reflecting the vision, mission of the university, the faculty; and consistent with training objectives, as well as stakeholders’ needs .
Program output standard will be concretized according to the principle of "compatible with orientation" to courses in step-by-step; to help learners gain professional qualifications & capacity in knowledge, skills, attitudes and career responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group learning activities, students’ habit of actively learning and creative thinking to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
Program outcome standard are committed by the University to learners, society and published on the Website.
- 3. The undergraduate program
The training program is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes; to help learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published output standards corresponding to the university level. The design of training program of Ton Duc Thang University is compatible with the program of the world's top 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but adjusted to suit the reality conditions in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the school reviews and evaluates the training program to ensure that the learners meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods... This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including: scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been taught by the school since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend; help learners more active and self-study; approaching the latest training ground in the world.
The training programs are published through student portal and public on the university’s website.