Bachelor of Sociology, Major Code: 7310301, Standard Program
- 1. Overview of the program
1.1. Major: Sociology (Standard Program)
1.2. Major code: 7310301
1.3. Admission method:
- Method 1: Admission based on the results of the high school learning process - Method code 200
- Method 2: Admission based on the results of the high school exam in 2023 – Method code 100
- Method 3: Direct admission, Priority for admission according to TDTU's regulations – Method code 303
- Method 4: Admission based on the results of the 2023 competency assessment test of the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City – Method code 402
1.4. Outstanding advantage:
- The training program is designed based on the reference of the Social Sciences Program (sociology/anthropology) of prestigious universities in the world, in the direction of interdisciplinary sociology, anthropology, mass communication ;
- High internationality is reflected in: Syllabus and textbooks, reading materials, ... references from prestigious universities and is adjusted annually, adding new documents, in English;
- Language of instruction: a combination of Vietnamese and English taught by foreign lecturers. This is an opportunity for students to access professional knowledge, professional skills and practice communication skills in English to meet the labor market needs of the ASEAN economic community and globalization;
- Combination of school and social needs: Enterprises collaborate with the subject in teaching, research, practical and vocational training activities, accounting for about 30% of the training program;
- Modern and spacious facilities; Students have access to cutting-edge resources that integrate with the world through the Inspiration Library.
1.5. Career opportunities: Sau khi ra trường người học có thể làm việc tại các vị trí sau:
Sociology of social management:
- Investigation and survey: working for social organizations, businesses, research centers (institutes)...;
- Public administration: working in the state sector (at all levels), socio-political organizations...;
- Social organizations (government and non-governmental): technical support and advice in survey surveys, writing proposals for development projects, social policy making...;
- Research: work for research organizations, research projects, government or non-governmental research centers (institutes) ...;
- Teaching: teaching at colleges, universities...
Sociology of mass communication:
- Mass communication: working in the field of journalism, communication, publishing...;
- Research on public opinion: research, field survey, coordinator of communication projects...;
- Corporate communication and public relations: working in the departments of marketing, advertising, customer consulting, public relations, management of internal information systems, organization of corporate media events …;
In the field of interactive media, students will be able to work in corporate media agencies, government agencies involved in media development, media and design firms, research institutes, etc. Research specializing in interactive media content, public relations companies;
In the field of media management, students can work in government agencies, public relations firms and non-profit organizations in traditional media as well as in the media. new;
- Teaching: teaching at colleges, universities....
- 2. Learning outcomes of the program
The program’s output standard (POS) is the starting point of the program design and is constructed according to a rigorous, scientific process, reflecting the vision, mission of the university, the faculty; and consistent with training objectives, as well as stakeholders’ needs .
Program output standard will be concretized according to the principle of "compatible with orientation" to courses in step-by-step; to help learners gain professional qualifications & capacity in knowledge, skills, attitudes and career responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group learning activities, students’ habit of actively learning and creative thinking to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
Program outcome standard are committed by the University to learners, society and published on the Website.
- 3. The undergraduate program
The training program is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes; to help learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published output standards corresponding to the university level. The design of training program of Ton Duc Thang University is compatible with the program of the world's top 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but adjusted to suit the reality conditions in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the school reviews and evaluates the training program to ensure that the learners meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods... This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including: scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been taught by the school since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend; help learners more active and self-study; approaching the latest training ground in the world.
The training programs are published through student portal and public on the university’s website.