Bachelor of Vietnamese Studies, Major in Tourism and Tourism Management, Major Code: F7310630Q, High Quality Program
- 1. Overview of the program
1.1. Major: Vietnamese studies – Tourism and Tourism Management (High Quality Program)
1.2. Major code: F7310630Q
1.3. Admission method:
- Method 1: Admission based on the results of the high school learning process - Method code 200
- Method 2: Admission based on the results of the high school exam in 2023 – Method code 100
- Method 3: Direct admission, Priority for admission according to TDTU's regulations – Method code 303
- Method 4: Admission based on the results of the 2023 competency assessment test of the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City – Method code 402
1.4. Outstanding advantage:
- The volume of grassroots and majors taught in English accounts for 50%; strengthen the soft skills necessary for the profession; the rate of hours of fieldwork and internship abroad is twice that of the school's standard program; be supplemented with professional knowledge and skills related to tourism management according to international standards;
- Lecturers with MSc or higher degrees or leading experts in the field; have rich practical experience, have foreign language ability or graduate from abroad, and have scientific research capacity;
- Enhance discussion, group work, case study activities, simulation practice, field practice;
- Focus on studying in the International Building, comfortable classrooms, with wifi connection, teaching materials for specialized subjects entirely in English;
- The class is organized with a small size (from 20 to 40 students/class), the lecturer covers and guides each student.
- Training association with large and prestigious enterprises and companies: Saigontourist, Fiditour, Lua Viet, Ben Thanh tourist, Vietravel...Students can practice, practice and approach the real world right from the 2nd school year;
1.5. Career opportunities: After graduation, students can work in the following positions:
- Working in sales, marketing and management departments at companies providing tourism services such as resorts, tourist attractions, tourist attractions... Especially, can work well in international travel groups, establishments providing tourism services for international visitors in the country and in Southeast Asia;
- Create a new tourism business by yourself or manage specialized groups in the tourism business;
- Consultant on business strategy, exploitation, construction, supply of tourism products and promotion of tourism services abroad;
- Specialist in charge of departments and centers under the Ministry and Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism such as: Center for professional development of tourism, Institute of Tourism Research and Development, Tourism Planning, Central tourism promotion center,...;
- Participating in teaching at tourism training institutions;
- Participating in the management of a number of departments in tourism enterprises, tourist destinations and amusement parks in Vietnam and in the world, especially in the ASEAN region.
- 2. Learning outcomes of the program
The program’s output standard (POS) is the starting point of the program design and is constructed according to a rigorous, scientific process, reflecting the vision, mission of the university, the faculty; and consistent with training objectives, as well as stakeholders’ needs .
Program output standard will be concretized according to the principle of "compatible with orientation" to courses in step-by-step; to help learners gain professional qualifications & capacity in knowledge, skills, attitudes and career responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group learning activities, students’ habit of actively learning and creative thinking to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
Program outcome standard are committed by the University to learners, society and published on the Website.
- 3. The undergraduate program
The training program is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes; to help learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published output standards corresponding to the university level. The design of training program of Ton Duc Thang University is compatible with the program of the world's top 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but adjusted to suit the reality conditions in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the school reviews and evaluates the training program to ensure that the learners meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods... This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including: scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been taught by the school since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend; help learners more active and self-study; approaching the latest training ground in the world.
The training programs are published through student portal and public on the university’s website.