Bachelor of Vietnamese Studies, Major in Tourism and Tourism Management, Major Code: F7310630Q, High Quality Program
- 1. Overview of the program
The program has many new subjects (for the first time applied in the system of Vietnamese universities), with depth and practical applicability in specialized subjects. In particular, students are allowed to learn practical skills and internships at domestic and overseas tourism enterprises; nearly 50% of the program is taught in English with highly experienced and professional instructors. The program is taught by a variety of different forms such as small group discussion, personal work, exchange with experts, practice at the enterprise with active teaching methods and support modern facilities.
The program equips students with basic cultural, economic and social knowledge; in-depth knowledge of how to manage tourism, plan and implement tourism services; proficient in professional skills in managing, operating, organizing, monitoring and solving issues related to the provision of travel services. In particular, focus on training the ability to practice and the attitude of receiving and handling problems occurring in the tourism service business.
1.2. Differences of High quality program
• About the curriculum: The number of specialized and specialized facilities taught in English accounts for nearly 50%; increase the soft skills needed for careers; the rate of fieldwork and internship abroad is twice that of the standard program of the school; be supplemented with vocational knowledge and skills related to VTOS tourism management.
• About teaching staff: Lecturers participate in teaching with qualifications from MSc or above or leading experts. The teachers and teachers have rich practical experience, foreign language ability or graduated from abroad, and have the capacity to research science.
• Teaching methods: Enhance discussion activities, team work, case study, simulation practice, field practice.
• Learning facilities: Focus on studying in international buildings, comfortable classrooms, wifi connection, travel - tourism simulation room to serve some specialized subjects, teaching materials, specialize subjects entirely in English.
• Class size: Classes are organized on a small scale (from 20 to 40 students/class), lecturers cover and guide each student.
1.3. Career opportunities
Students who graduate high quality programs in Vietnam studies, major in Tourism and Tourism Management can work in the following positions:
· Sales, marketing and management staff at travel services companies: resorts, tourist destination, tourist attractions and entertainment, etc. Especially, it can be a good job in corporations. International travel, facilities providing travel services for international visitors in the country and in Southeast Asia.
· Start small-scale travel businesses or manage specialized groups in tourism business.
· Consultant on business strategy, exploitation, construction and supply of tourism products and promotion of travel services abroad.
- Working in the department: travel, promotion of tourism, international cooperation and fostering tourism in the state management agencies on tourism (Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, Department/Ministry of Culture - Sports - Tourism).
- Teaching at travel institutions.
- Participate in managing a number of parts in tourism businesses, tourist destinations and entertainment areas in Vietnam and around the world, especially in the ASEAN region.
- Teaching at travel institutions.
- 2. Learning outcomes of the program
The program’s output standard (POS) is the starting point of the program design and is constructed according to a rigorous, scientific process, reflecting the vision, mission of the university, the faculty; and consistent with training objectives, as well as stakeholders’ needs .
Program output standard will be concretized according to the principle of " compatible with orientation" to courses in step-by-step; to help learners gain professional qualifications & capacity in knowledge, skills, attitudes and career responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group learning activities, students’ habit of actively learning and creative thinking to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
Program outcome standard are committed by the University to learners, society and published on the Website.
>> ELOs 2018
- 3. The undergraduate program
The training program is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes; to ensure learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published output standards corresponding to the university level. The training program of Ton Duc Thang University is built in a way that is compatible with the program of the world's top 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but adjusted to suit the reality conditions in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the school reviews and evaluates the training program to ensure that the learners meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods... This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including: scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been taught by the school since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend; help learners more active and self-study; approaching the latest training ground in the world.
The training programs are published to learners through student portal and public on the website.