Bachelor of Vietnamese Studies, Major in Tourism and Travel, Major Code: 7310630, Standard Program
- 1. Overview of the program
1.1. Major: Vietnamese studies – Tourism and Travel (Standard program)
1.2. Major code: 7310630
1.3. Admission method:
- Method 1: Admission based on the results of the high school learning process - Method code 200
- Method 2: Admission based on the results of the high school exam in 2023 – Method code 100
- Method 3: Direct admission, Priority for admission according to TDTU's regulations – Method code 303
- Method 4: Admission based on the results of the 2023 competency assessment test of the Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City – Method code 402
1.4. Outstanding advantage:
- The teaching staff are professors, doctors, masters at home and abroad with deep expertise and good teaching experience;
- Training linkages with large and reputable enterprises and companies: Saigontourist, Fiditour, Lua Viet, Ben Thanh tourist, Vietravel... Students can practice, practice, access to professional reality right from the 2nd school year;
- Modern and spacious facilities; Students have access to cutting-edge resources that integrate with the world through the Inspiration Library.
1.5. Career opportunities: Sau khi ra trường người học có thể làm việc tại các vị trí sau:
- Professional tour guide;
- On-site interpreters;
- Sales staff in the departments of the travel company: Offering tours, exploiting and designing tours, operating and supervising tours, organizing events, ...;
- Create a new travel business on a small scale;
- Consultant for tour organization, event organization, teambuilding;
- The work in the department: travel, tourism promotion, international cooperation and tourism professional training at the State management agencies in charge of tourism (Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, Departments/Offices of Tourism) Culture – Sports and Tourism);
- Participating in teaching at training institutions on travel and tourism.
- 2. Learning outcomes of the program
The program’s output standard (POS) is the starting point of the program design and is constructed according to a rigorous, scientific process, reflecting the vision, mission of the university, the faculty; and consistent with training objectives, as well as stakeholders’ needs .
Program output standard will be concretized according to the principle of "compatible with orientation" to courses in step-by-step; to help learners gain professional qualifications & capacity in knowledge, skills, attitudes and career responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group learning activities, students’ habit of actively learning and creative thinking to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
Program outcome standard are committed by the University to learners, society and published on the Website.
- 3. The undergraduate programme
The training program is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes; to help learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published output standards corresponding to the university level. The design of training program of Ton Duc Thang University is compatible with the program of the world's top 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but adjusted to suit the reality conditions in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the school reviews and evaluates the training program to ensure that the learners meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods... This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including: scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been taught by the school since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend; help learners more active and self-study; approaching the latest training ground in the world.
The training programs are published through student portal and public on the university’s website.