Bachelor of Vietnamese Studies, Major in Vietnamese Language, Culture and Society, Standard Program
- 1. Overview of the program
1.1. Major: Vietnamese studies – major in Vietnamese language, Culture and Society (Standard Program)
1.2. Major code: 7310630V
1.3. Admission method: Direct admission of foreigners
1.4. Outstanding advantage:
- The program provides comprehensive knowledge about Vietnamese language, country and people;
- The program has many new and modern subjects, suitable for the development of society and meeting the needs of international integration;
- The program also has subjects to practice communication skills, work skills (teamwork skills, event organization skills...), extra-curricular activities, to help students solidify their knowledge, confident and dynamic in multicultural environment and integration trend;
- The program is compiled in the direction of emphasizing practice, necessary soft skills as well as focusing on self-study and lifelong self-study of students, expressed through a pedagogical point of view that is learner-centered.
1.5. Career opportunities: Graduating with Vietnamese studies, major in Vietnamese language, culture and society, students can find suitable jobs in diplomatic missions, international organizations, travel agencies, commercial offices. commercial, governmental and non-governmental organizations that need to use human resources knowledgeable about Vietnam (in Vietnam and abroad). In addition, students can also do translation, translation, research and teaching in Vietnamese.
- 2. Expected learning outcomes of the program
The program’s output standard (POS) is the starting point of the program design and is constructed according to a rigorous, scientific process, reflecting the vision, mission of the university, the faculty; and consistent with training objectives, as well as stakeholders’ needs .
Program output standard will be concretized according to the principle of "compatible with orientation" to courses in step-by-step; to help learners gain professional qualifications & capacity in knowledge, skills, attitudes and career responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group learning activities, students’ habit of actively learning and creative thinking to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
Program outcome standard are committed by the University to learners, society and published on the Website.
- 3. The undergraduate program
The training program is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes; to help learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published output standards corresponding to the university level. The design of training program of Ton Duc Thang University is compatible with the program of the world's top 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but adjusted to suit the reality conditions in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the school reviews and evaluates the training program to ensure that the learners meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods... This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including: scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been taught by the school since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend; help learners more active and self-study; approaching the latest training ground in the world.
The training programs are published through student portal and public on the university’s website.