The social work training program at Ton Duc Thang University is designed according to the Top 100 schools in the world for social work training.
- Graduated qualification is in accordance with the standards of the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW).
- When studying at Ton Duc Thang University, students are required to practice and trained in organizations, social centers, hospitals and schools in the field of social work in HCMC.
Learning outcomes and Training advantages:
- 820 hours learning in companies and social organizations
- 100 hours of knowledge and skills talk shows from professionals and business.
- 50 social work centers, social facilities are in corporate for practical learning.
- Achieve minimum English IELTS 5.0 and MOS 750 upon graduation
- Opportunity to become a partner, volunteer, social worker in international
organizations (UNICEF, UNWomen, ActionAid International in Vietnam, Save The
Children ...) even from the first year.
- Improve communication, presentation, time management skills; Dynamics of interpersonal effectiveness; Psychological counseling; Project proposal writing and advocacy ...
- Professional social workers at social work centers, hospitals, schools
- Managers at state agencies, unions, enterprises
- Project consultants and evaluators at non-governmental organizations (domestic and
- Psychology counseling; health consultant; love and marriage consultant.
- Manager for start-up social enterprises and organizations.
Social work department is in cooperation with several organizations such as:
- Department of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs of Ho Chi Minh City
- Youth Social Work Center, Youth Union of Ho Chi Minh City
- Anh Duong Social Work Center, Ho Chi Minh Women's Union
- Center For Social Work Community Development Research And Consultancy (SDRC)
- Center for Community Development (LIN)
- Nguyen Trai Hospital
- Social work profession's club at Ho Chi Minh city.
- Facilities, shelters, social networks ... in Ho Chi Minh City.
Social work students are regularly engaged in cultural exchange activities with international students from countries such as Taiwan, India Japan, Hong Kong, USA and Denmark… Students are also given opportunities to exchange academic knowledge with experts from many countries around the world such as USA, Denmark, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.
|1||General education knowledge: 38 credits|
|12||The basic tenets of Marxism-Leninism, Ho Chi Minh Thought, Revolutionary ways of Communist Party of Vietnam, General Laws|
English language 1, 2, 3
Note: Students who do not qualify for the English Language Program must take additional English Proficiency, including Pre-Intermediate English 1, 2, 3.Students must meet the required English language standards
|1.3||IT||4||Introduction to IT 1,2 and Microsoft Office Specialist 750|
|1.4||Support skills||7||University learning methods, Teamwork skills, Counselling skills, Presentation skills, Skills for sustainable development|
|1.5||Physical education||Swimming and four elective credits in 15 subjects of Physical Education|
|1.6||Defense education||Including 3 modules|
|2||Professional education knowledge||91|
|2.1||Basic knowledge||11||Introduction of Sociology, General Psychology, Meanings and leanings: is there a reason why?, Dynamics of interpersonal effectiveness, Social workers in the legal system|
|2.2.1||General major knowledge||9||Human development over the lifespan, Welfare economics, Social Work: A heart – Head - Hand Connection, Internship (Social work)|
|Compulsory||51||Social work with individuals, Social group work practice, Advanced studies in community work, Social work research methods, Social policy, Family and interpersonal violence, Practicing theories in social work, Counselling theories and practice , Disability, Social work in medical settings , Working with older adults, Child – centric social work, Special topics in social work, Information systems and communication in social work, Comparative social service systems in SEA , Social work field practice I, II and III|
|Elective||Cross-disciplinary global project development, Socio-cultural theories in social work, Social welfare program, Urban youth work, Negotiation and conflict resolution, Mental health and illness, Theory building in social work practice, Social gerontology|
- Students work internship from 3 to 4 months. Training at the enterprise as a social workers in organizations, centers, state agencies ...
|2.4||Thesis or learning 06 credits in electives subjects||6||
Students can choose from three of the four subjects: Introduction to sign language, Case management, Social workers’s stress management, Social work with HIV/AIDS